- From Utah late March left or right of Idaho peaks McCall / Bozeman
- To Mar 26-Apr 1 Nelson / Fernie / Calgary
- Maybe lifts and closing days into April
- Maybe guided days / week early April
- Ski Touring – Day Trips — High Country Ski Guides
- ~$600 / day for groups of 1-3+ from Kicking Horse
- flowguideservice.com/winter – April, 4 days (midweek) 2x lift assist 2x Rodgers pass $700pp min 3 guests
- CMH 5-days at $1k+ per day + incl $200 / day lodge credit
- Touring late April
- Calgary / return late April
- Early May return to Missoula? for JERF tour
- May 6th CdA, ID
- May 7th Missoula, MT
- May 8th Ketchum (Sun Valley, ID)
- May 10th Boise, ID
- May 12th Portland, OR
- May 13th Seattle, WA
- Toward Beartooth / Hood River / conditions
- June volcanoes 3.5km/12k+
North of Idaho, Clockwise from sixish
- Nelson – 2h
- Red Mountain
- Revi – 4h
- Rodgers Pass – 1h
- Golden / Kicking Horse – 1.5h
- Radium Springs – 1.5h
- Lake Louise / Banff / Canmore – ?
- Calgary – 1.5h
- Fernie – ?
- Cranbrook / Kimberley – 3.5h / 5h
- Creston – 1.5h
Jasper / Icefields Parkway Fork
- Wildlife – https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/jasper/nature/faune-wildlife
- Snowdome – Continental divide. One of two hydrological apexes of North America; it is a major triple divide between three great drainage basins. Pacific via Bush and Columbia, Arctic via Athabasca, and Hudson Bay via North Saskatchewan rivers.
- Sunshine Village?
- Beyond Banff Sunshine Village lies enormous potential for slack country skiing along the Continental Divide. Both Rock Isle Lake and Quartz Ridge are a short skin from the ski area boundary.
- Lake Louise Ski Resort borders on impressive slackcountry terrain. West Bowl, Pipestone Ridge, and Richardson Ridge only scratch the surface of the terrain available for those willing to skin beyond.
Guides / Shops
Lift Closing dates?
- April ? – Many
- April 17 – Late
- 5/1 – Maybe
- 5/22 Sunshine Village / Banff
- Season end Canada – end of the ski season – Canada (skiresort.info)
Legacy notes 2021
- Nelson, BC to Calgary, AB north of the 49th parallel
- Rogers Pass
- See also slightly south https://herebox.org/snow/kootenai/