Through 2020, I watched hundreds of hours of twitch streams from around the world. I would guess it ranks top for total hours from a audio/video source, followed roughly by youtube, soundcloud, twitter, netflix, disney+, hbo max, hotel cable (TCM), sling, other.
- https://www.twitch.tv/zep_aki – Tokyo flânerie
- https://www.twitch.tv/grubtruckers – Foodtruck ops in id, usa
- https://www.twitch.tv/jaroslavmantv – Streetcar driver in cz
- https://www.twitch.tv/proem__ – analog sounds
- https://nobody.live/ – Random streams with 0 viewers
The notes below are exploring how to add text to speech for all chat messages for no-hands mobile use (e.g. twitch/zep_aki on a bike).
- An iframe / React app that sits on top of profile or stream content.
3rd Party Services
- Streamlabs – assistant, Cloudbot ,mobile apps, etc.
- Nightbot – moderation
- deepbot – assistant, …
- AWS Lumberyard – Amazon Lumberyard is a free, cross-platform, 3D game engine … designed for integration with Twitch.
There is an obvious gap in all-chat text-to-speech Extensions. All of the existing options seem to require a bit donation to function. This looks likely related to the related Moderation policy — Extensions must not allow end users to submit or publish user content unless the end user has granted the Extension access to their Twitch ID.
- Say It Live – tts for bits via obs
- Megaphone – tts for bits
- Blerp – Sound commands as a SaaS
- TwitchAudio – Song identifier service
- Closed Captions – Exists for streamer, maybe redundant twitch features.
- Voice commands for streamer? (e.g. Siri, Alexa, clap on clap off)
- irc via irssi
- Rumors to “use websockets irc bridge is deprecated”.
- Did not work 2020-11-19
- “Cannot authenticate via SASL (The server did not offer SASL)”
- Arch notes on authenticating on irc with SASL — Did not work.
- See Also
Stream Setup Examples
- sorskoot – OBS – Live-coding with complex audio